For 65 years the remains of the 28 unnamed plane crash victims have been buried in a mass grave at Holy Cross Cemetery in Fresno with a small placard that simply reads “28 Mexican Nationals who died in a plane crash are buried here.” Now that we have the names of all 28 passengers our aim is to erect a new headstone listing their names and essentially putting back a piece of American history. But to make this memorial a reality we need to raise $10,000. Please consider making a donation. For your contribution your name will be listed on the program which will be handed out at the public event. This historical event will take place on September 2, 2013, Labor Day, and all are invited. Please consider ANY AMOUNT, big or small. This is truly a community endeavor, and it will require your generosity to make happen. Below are five easy ways you can support this project.
1. To receive a personal thank you letter for your contribution, send a check to:
Tim Z. Hernandez, ATTN: HOLY CROSS MEMORIAL, 302 Casper Drive, Lafayette, CO 80026 *ALL CHECKS should be made out to Saint Peter’s Cemetery. Be sure to write ATTN: HOLY CROSS MEMORIAL on the envelope and in the memo portion of your check
2. To purchase your copy of Lance Canales & The Flood’s version of the “Deportee” song with all 28 names being read click here on Amazon or CD Baby, or go to iTunes.
* All proceeds benefit the memorial headstone
3. To make your contribution via Paypal (safe & secure), please click here.
4. Attend the Memorial Concert Fundraiser which will be held in Fresno at Fulton 55 on April 18, 2013. Please check back here for more details soon.
5. You can also help by sharing this link with EVERYONE you know.
For more information on the plane crash research, book, and memorial click here.
To listen to the radio interview on KVPR click here.
To contact Tim Hernandez directly: firstname.lastname@example.org